Saturday, March 16, 2024

God is a God of Miracles, March 6, 2024

Hola!

This week was longgg because of the two extra days. Who new that having two extra days of straight working would have such a big effect. But it was all worth it because I finally got to go to the temple after leaving Mexico in August.

The temple was incredible! We were a late with some problems from the metro, one of the Elders of 4 got on the metro but it was crowded and the doors closed leaving three of us on the platform and one in the train. You could see the betrayal in his eyes haha as the train rode off. We met him at the next station haha. Anyways so we were late for the temple session, but we were able to catch the next one with an hour wait. So we chilled, got some food, and such. Then went back and had an amazing spiritual experience!! In the temple in the celestial room I prayed that we'd have a miracle, that we'd find someone ready to accept us. *remember this for later*

~earlier this week~

This week we had stake conference. I had a hard time concentrating in the heat, the long meeting in a metal chair, all of it in spanish for 2 hours etc. So I decided to look through my carpeta, basically has names and addresses and people that were taught in the past etc. And I came across someone named Blanca who had a familiar last name. And it said she had a lot of progress in the past. I soon found out it was the mom of the girlfriend of a member in our ward. He is a really really cool guy and was sitting two rows away with his girlfriend. His name is Alexis by the way. So after the meeting I talk to him and we set up a family home evening for the following evening! Then we parted ways and met up 2 hours later because we had lunch with their family haha. We talked about what had happened in the past and what Blancas doubts were, etc. Anyways the following night we had a family home evening with the two families and it was amazing!! We talked about prophets and it was a very spiritual experience.

Back to Sunday during stake conference we received a reference (a person that wants to talk to us) and I sent a message telling him we were the missionaries etc. And he told us he went to our chapel but nobody was there (because all of us are at the stake center, different building). Anyways we set up a lesson for today Wednesday.

Wednesday comes along slowly, and we go to the temple. I pray for a miracle. And we eat some empanadas and completos. We talk to our families. We rest a bit. And then we call up Alexis our member friend from Monday and ask if he can come with us to this lesson in the evening. And he says "sipo mi bro" and meets us there. We knock on the door once... nothing. Knock again... nothing. (By the way when I say knock I mean yell "ALO" just so you can picture this better). And then we don't knock a third time because we forgot to. Instead I send a text saying we are here. And in .2 seconds the door opens and is standing Christian the reference. He invites us in, we hit it off, chill guy. Tells us his girlfriend of two years is a member of our church and that he's been going with her a little bit here and there for a year. And he wants to marry her, and sees thay she's truly converted to this religion and he wants to as well for his own self. So we teach him lesson 3 (the gospel of Christ: faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the Holy Ghost and endure to the end). And he is participating, asking questions and listening! It's great! And at the end me and my comp look at each other, the Holy Ghost's presence was in the room testifying of the truth. And we tell Christian that he has the faith to be baptized. And he got so excited and told us how he felt so ready to make covenants! So we made a goal for March 23rd. And we will continue to help him grow in his knowledge. This experience strengthened my testimony about the power of prayer, and that God is a God of miracles. 

Spiritual thought: my scripture of the week I chose was Ephesians 6:6 "6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart." I love this scripture because it served as a reminder for why I'm here. I'm not here to please my parents, or to please my friends and family, leaders, teachers, coaches, the people here, or even myself. I am here to serve Christ and God. In spanish the end of the scripture says "haciendo con ánimo la voluntad de Dios." Meaning doing the will of God with motivation. Or in the English, doing it from the heart. I'm here to serve God and to please God. And this goes for any of you in work or school or callings in church. Do your work and do it well, not to people please, but to please the one who created you and gave you these talents. People will notice this and will appreciate your work. But keep the focus of your heart on God. And he will bless you!

Question of the week: What is a miracle you've seen in your life these past couple weeks?

Love you all!

Elder Spencer


                                                         

                                                                                                Temple!!


            Raman at mall Independencia



                                                A waffle pop, reminded me of beaver tails







Trunky shop


Plaza de Armas


Intercambio I forgot to mention


Me with Matias (younger brother of Alexis)


No comments:

Post a Comment